The purpose of LMT2023 is to provide a forum for the presentation of advanced research and improved understanding of various aspects of light materials technology. The conference will feature lectures from distinguished international researchers and industry members as well as contributed presentations and posters.
This biennial conference aims to present the latest developments and advances in the sciences and technologies associated with the development and manufacture of aluminium, magnesium and titanium alloys, as well as their translation into commercial products and applications.
The three broad themes of the LMT2023 conference are: Net Shape Manufacturing, Solid State Transformations and Mechanical Performance, and Translation to Applications.
Within these broader themes, some of the specific topics that will be covered in the conference include:
- Alloy development
- Solidification and casting
- Thermomechanical processing and forming
- Machining and subtractive processes
- Mechanical behaviour of light metal alloys
- Corrosion and surface modification
- Advanced characterisation techniques
- Applications in bio-medical, automotive, aerospace, and energy industries
- Simulation and modelling
- Integrated computational materials engineering
For further information about LMT2022, contact Tanya Smith:
- +61 3 9326 7266